I decided to watch The Emmys on Sunday and I’m glad I did. Usually, I check updates on Twitter or see a recap the next day. But since I’ve been more involved in watching TV shows, I plopped myself on the couch, and enjoyed the show.
It wasn’t too bad; most of the jokes were good. Some had me scratching my head. The main theme – Diversity. Thankfully, the Emmy Awards voters are considering everyone, but there’s more room for growth!
The winners’ list was packed – The People vs. O.J. Simpson and Game of Thrones were clearly the favorites. Transparent won several awards as well. I was happy to see that Rami Malek (Mr. Robot) and Tatiana Masley (Orphan Black) were honored. Maybe I should catch up on some of these series.
Did any of you tear up during the “In Memoriam” segment? Gosh, so many talented people gone. Tori Kelly’s beautiful rendition of “Hallelujah” was very appropriate.
Along with seeing well-known actors and newcomers get recognition, I was able to take note of the colorful display of gowns and suits. I’m always looking for inspiration! Here are some of my favorite looks.
- Tracee Ellis Ross – That’s a great way to rock white after Labor Day! Definitely gave me a modern day Grecian style.
- I gasped and gushed when I saw Priyanka Chopra twirl her dramatic red gown. (This might be my favorite look of the night.)
- Angela Bassett – A classic beauty in a flowy Christian Siriano dress.
- Kristen Bell – It’s been a while since I’ve seen her… but I really liked her gown. The florals complimented her shape and I loved the simplistic accessories.
- Can’t forget my favorite, Kerry Washington, dressing for two. It was daring but it worked very well.
For the guys, I’m always appreciative of a clean and sharp suit! Nothing sexier, right?
- Rami Malek opted for a white jacket. I think it worked perfectly, made him stand out.
- Back to the classic, Sterling K. Brown gave us cool and dapper. His new show, This is Us, is going to have me in tears.
- Courtney B. Vance, giving us a smooth look by Brooks Brothers. (Did you catch his speech – yahhhs!)
- And my “boyfriend”, Tony Goldwyn, was dressed in Brooks Brothers as well.
Did your favorite shows win? Notice any trends or colors that you want to try? Or did you catch any Emmy recaps online? Now I’m in the mood to watch some TV!